Are You Unhappy With Your Energy Contract?
Your current energy contract is coming to an end, and you've been received your renewal letter increasing your prices by 45%.
Does this sound familiar? Let PowerExperts help find you an improved contract!
For most businesses, managing energy bills is often an overlooked priority. With the average invoice for SMEs at £2,600 per year, even small reductions start to add up, especially if you want a three-year fixed-term agreement.
Using the PowerExperts tools and industry knowledge, you'll be able to find a range of options that suit your circumstances. Create your profile online or call us on 0844 472 1567 and we'll do the rest.
Which Electricity Contract Should I Choose?
The market to supply electricity is extremely competitive with all energy companies competing aggressively for your business.
Our extensive industry knowledge ensures you receive the most competitive prices for your business. Simply complete our online quote form and we'll do the rest.
Read more about electricity rates »
What About Gas Supplies?
The extensive PowerExperts gas panel ensures your business gets access to the whole market, not just the household names.
Combining electricity and gas together as a dual fuel contract could provide further discounts. Enter your details online or contact our customer services team.
Read more about our gas products »
The fastest method to find market leading kWh prices is to get an online quote. You can undertake this in one of three ways, and it only takes 10 minutes of your time each year. You could save your business thousands of pounds per year by investing your time into comparing prices. Large corporations could see substantial savings from changing to an alternative supplier.
- Firstly, ensure your deal is due for renewal, and you can terminate your contract in time and change your terms.
- Almost all commercial contracts have fixed prices for at least one year. If you don't switch your contract, it will roll over automatically for a further 12 months. Your unit rates and standing charges could increase by 50%-70% and tie your business into these higher prices for another year.
- PowerExperts also offer group buying opportunities for larger commercial users. We group several companies together when tendering which can reduce the unit costs by a further 10%.
To avoid unnecessary spending, simply log on to PowerExperts.co.uk. We present no obligation quotes based upon your consumption data, your meter type and the UK region in which you reside. Prices are different across the country so may vary between similar industries by county.
What are Some Example Prices for SME Gas and Electricity?
The volatile nature of the energy market ensures businesses could get vastly different pricing depending on the time of year. During the winter, rates are generally higher than the summer months because of wholesale pricing fluctuations. On average we can achieve the following prices:
- A 03 electric meter with an average consumption of 16,000 kWh per year could attract a unit price of 8.50p/kWh with a daily standing charge of 22p per day.
- A 04 electric meter using 28,000 kWh per year has a unit price of 9.10p/kWh and a standing charge of 23p per day.
- Gas meters using an average 20,000 kWh per year could get a unit price 2.5p/kWh with a standing charge of 60p/day.
Direct negotiation can also obtain lower prices. The examples shown above are for one-year contracts. Higher rates are charged for rollover contracts if you let your contract renew automatically. If you terminate your contract but forget to renew, then you're charged "out of contract" rates that are at least 120% higher than standard tariffs.
Timing is essential in the energy market. Once you are in a new contract, you can't cancel during the term of the agreement.