Notice to terminate contracts
All business electricity and gas users are required to terminate their current contracts before switching to a new one. If you don't terminate your contract, you'll be "rolled over" on increased rates.
Your current deal will stipulate when you must give notice of your intent to terminate - generally up to 90 days before your contract end date. Once you've completed the termination process, you're then free to get quotes and change to a new pricing structure.
Use the templates below to send to your current supplier.
By terminating your contract, you won't literally cut off your supply, you'll just terminate your current rates. You'll need the following information to send to your current provider:
- Your meter number (found on your current bill).
- Your current supplier (also on your bill).
- Your premises supply address and company name.
Remember to serve notice according to your agreement. You should receive an acknowledgement of your letter within 14 days.
Send your letter to one of the following addresses
- British Gas Business, The Retention Team, Spinneyside, Penman Way, Grove Park, Leicester. LE19 1SZ.
- CNG, Terminations Team, CNG House, 5 Victoria Avenue, Harrogate. HG1 1EQ.
- EDF, SME Sales Team, EDF Energy Freepost RRYZ-BRTT-CBJS, Osprey House, Osprey Road, Exeter. EX2 7WN.
- EON, Contract Terminations, PO Box 9042, Sherwood Park, Annesley, Nottingham. NG15 5AZ.
- NPower, RWE npower plc, Renewals, NPower Direct Limited, 2 Princes Way, Solihull, West Midlands. B91 3ES.
- Opus Energy Customer Service, Royal Pavillion, 2 Summerhouse Road, Northampton. NN3 6BJ.
- Scottish Power, SME Contracts Manager, Business Sales, Section 11 Zone 23, Cathcart Business Park, Glasgow. G44 4GP.
- SSE plc, Business Energy Sales, PO. Box 6302, Winchester Road, Basingstoke, Hants, RG21 8ZU or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Shell Gas Direct, 1-3 Strand, London. WC2N 5EJ.
- Total Gas & Power, Bridge Gate, 55/57 High Street, Redhill, Surrey. RH1 1RX.
Page last updated: 26th April 2016